Faculty Alumni NetworkThe Indian FAN Symposium 2018 on Smart and Sustainable Cities
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
January 20, 2018
K.V. Krishna Rao
Professor of Civil Engineering,
- Masters in Transportation Engineering, IIT Madras, 1986
- Ph.D in Urban Transportation Planning, IIT Madras, 1996
- Sustainable Urban Transportation Planning,
- Travel survey design and analysis
- Behavioural Travel and Choice Modelling,
- Urban land use transport modelling
- Transit Oriented Development
- Air travel demand modelling
- Traffic and pavement analysis, design and management
- Excellence in Teaching Award, IIT Bombay, 2008 and 2012
Director, IBI Group
- B.Tech, IIT Bombay, 2000
- M.S. in Intelligent Transportation Systems, MIT, USA, 2002
- Executive MBA, Harvard Business School, USA, 2013
Deepak Darda is the Director at IBI Group and heads the operations of IBI Group in India. He has a Bachelor’s Degree from IIT Bombay (2000), a Masters in Intelligent Transportation Systems from MIT (2002), USA and an executive MBA from Harvard Business School, USA (2013). He is working extensively in ITS projects in India related to Toll Systems, Traffic Management Systems and Bus Rapid Transit, where his role has been overseeing the overall project planning, design, procurement and project implementation. He has handled successfully multiple ITS projects in India involving design and implementation of Traffic Management Systems and Toll Systems for Highways. He has been involved in ETC implementations in India. Further he brings with him strong transportation planning background and his work has included traffic signal optimization, travel demand modelling, micro simulation modelling, operational analysis, feasibility studies, model calibration, and origin- destination estimation.
Moduga R. Tagore
Associate Director, Systra MVA Consulting (India)
- Bachelor’s Degree from JNTU Kakinada (1988)
- Masters in transportation Engineering from NIT Warangal (1991)
- Ph.D, IITB, 1995
Moduga R Tagore is the Associate Director at Systra MVA Consulting (India) Pvt. Ltd. He has a Bachelor’s Degree from JNTU Kakinada (1988), a Masters in transportation Engineering from NIT Warangal (1991), and Ph.D from IIT Bombay (1995). He is working extensively in transportation planning projects in India related to development of sustainable urban mobility plans. He has contributed significantly in the development of travel demand models, carrying out traffic engineering studies and economic and financial analysis of transportation projects, and in designing appropriate transportation networks for smart cities.
Professor, Civil Engineering, IIT Kharagpur
Head, Ranbir and Chitra Gupta School of Infrastructure, IIT
- BE in Civil Engineering, Bengal Engineering College (1989)
- M. Tech, IIT Kanpur (1991)
- Ph.D, IIT Bombay (1997), specialization in Transportation Engineering
Bhargab Maitra is a Professor in Civil Engineering Department, IIT Kharagpur, India. He is also the Head, Ranbir and Chitra Gupta School of Infrastructure Design and Management at IIT Kharagpur. He did his M. Tech from IIT Kanpur (1991) and Ph.D from IIT Bombay (1997) with specialization in Transportation Engineering. He obtained his BE in Civil Engineering from Bengal Engineering College (1989). He is an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow and DAAD Fellow. He also received Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Birth Centenary Award from the Indian Roads Congress. He has carried out several sponsored research and consultancy projects in the area of traffic and transportation system. His research interest includes travel behavior, public transportation system, traffic management, traffic control at intersection, traffic safety, etc. He has several publications to his credit in these research areas.
|Gopal R. Patil|
Associate Professor of Civil Engineering,
- B. E., Civil Engineering Department, Karnataka University, Dharwad, India, July 1998
- Undergraduate Thesis: Concrete Mix Design using Artificial Neural Networks
- M. Tech. - Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Jan 2002
- Concentration: Transportation Systems Engineering
- Thesis: Capacity Analysis of Signalized Intersections in Developing Countries
- Ph.D. –Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, Oct 2007
- Concentration: Transportation Engineering
- Ph. D. Dissertation: Modelling Flexibility in Stochastic Transportation Networks
- Transportation Systems Planning,
- Transportation Network Optimization,
- Traffic Operations,
- Freight Transportation Modelling
- Fellowship from Volvo Research Foundation to visit Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY during April 6 – 19 April 2015.
- Fellowship from Volvo Research Foundation to attend International Urban Freight
- Conference (2015 I-NUF) at University of Southern California, 21- 23 October 2015.
- Fully funded invitation to participate and present in 8th Indo-German frontiers of Engineering co-organized by the Indian Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation in Potsdam, Germany during 19 – 22 May 2016.
- Recipient of “Best Project Award in Transportation Engineering” from IIT Bombay for the year 2002.
- Awarded First Prize in National student paper presentation symposium organized by Shanmugha College of Engineering, Tanjavur, India, 1998.