Faculty Alumni NetworkThe Indian FAN Symposium 2018 on Smart and Sustainable Cities
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
January 20, 2018
Professor, Chemical Engineering,
- B.Tech, IIT Delhi, 1981
- Ph.D, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1986
- Research interests include mechanics of
- granular materials and polymer processing
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize (1997),
- Swarnajayanti Fellowship (1998),
- Excellence in Teaching Award IITB
- Mathur Award for Research Excellence
Petety V. Balaji
Dean - Research and Development (R&D),
Professor, Biosciences and Bioengineering,
- B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics): University of Mysore
- M.Sc. (Biochemistry): University of Mysore
- Ph.D. Indian Institute of Science of Bangalore, 1991
- Computational Biology
- Specific research area: Annotating the molecular functions of enzymes involved in glycosylation in bacteria, identifying structural templates for substrate recognition based on sequence and 3D structure data of protein
- Excellence in Teaching award, IIT Bombay
Rahul Bajaj Chair Professor,
- Ph.D. - Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay, 1997
- M.E. - Manufacturing Technology, National Institute
- of Technology, Tiruchirapalli, 1991
- B.E. - Production Engineering, V. J. T. I., Bombay, 1988
- Ultra-precision machining (UPM) processes,
- Modelling and machining of 'difficult to machine' materials,
- Modelling and development of micro-machining processes,
- Laser micro-machining, LIGA, Nano-polishing
- 2002-BOYS CAST Fellowship by Department of Science and Techno., Govt. of India
- 2008-Dr. P.K. Patwardhan Technology Development Award of IIT Bombay for 'Development of Tool-based Micromachining for Development of micro components'
- 2008-Best Faculty Award, Mechanical Engineering Department, IIT Bombay
Dean - Faculty Affairs (FA)
Institute Chair Professor, Electrical Engineering,
- BE (Jiwaji University), Gwalior
- MTech (IIT Kanpur)
- PhD (IIT Kanpur)
- Quality of Service and Resource Allocation in Wired/Wireless Networks
- Frugal 5G and Rural Broadband
- Resource Allocation, Mobility Management and Dual Connectivity in Heterogeneous Wireless Network
- Device to Device Communication
- Software Defined Networking
- TV White Space and its Potential for Affordable Broadband Access in India
- Winner of Mozilla Open Innovations Challenge for our Gram Marg solution for Rural Broadband. 98 submissions were made from 27 countries and our solution was adjudged as the best in a presentation in New York and declared Winner on 29th March 2017 in Brussels.
- IEEE Standards Medallion awarded by IEEE Standards Association, USA for accomplishments that have resulted in revolutionary changes to Indian Technology, Policy and Standardization in December 2016 in New Jersey, USA.
- Award for Excellence in Teaching, IIT Bombay 2011.
- Award for Excellence in Teaching, IIT Bombay 2006.
- IIT Bombay Research Award for Impactful Research, 2017.
- VASVIK Industrial Research award 2013 for Electrical and Electronics Sciences and Technology.
- National Academy of Sciences of India (NASI)-Reliance Industries Platinum Jubilee Award 2012 for Application Oriented Research.
- Hari Om Ashram prerit Dr Vikram Sarabhai Research Award 2009.
- Prof K Sreenivasan Memorial Award of IETE, 2006.
- Prof SVC Aiya Memorial Award by Prof SVC Aiya Trust, 2006.
- Dr PK Patwardhan Technology Development Award of IIT Bombay, 2004.
- Best Paper award in Workshop on Indoor and Outdoor Small Cells, Modelling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt) 2014 held in Hammamet, Tunisia, May 12-16, 2014.
- Finalist for the Best Paper award in National Conference on Communications (NCC) 2014 held in IIT Kanpur, February 28 – March 2, 2014.
- Finalist (one of the three) for the Best Paper award in IEEE Local Computer Networks (LCN) 2012 held in Florida, USA, October 22-25, 2012.
- Best Paper Award in ACM Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoC), 2009 held in Louisiana, USA, May 18-21, 2009
Deputy Director, Finance and External Affairs (FEA),
Professor, Aerospace Engineering,
- B Tech., Aeronautical Engineering, IIT Bombay 1981
- M Tech., Aeronautical Engineering, IIT Bombay, 1983
- Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, IIT Bombay, 1988
- Vibrations and Structural Dynamics, Structural Stability,
- Aeroelasticity and Aeroservoelasticity, Composite Structures,
- Experimental Techniques, Aerospace System Design,
- Multidisciplinary Design Optimization, Aeroelastic and
- Aeroservoelastic Optimization, MDO Software Development,
- MAV/UAV development
- Shri H. H. Lala & Smt J. H. Lala Teaching Excellence Award, Dept of Aerospace Engg, IIT Bombay, 2011
- Excellence in Teaching Award,IIT Bombay, 2010
- Excellence in Aerospace Teaching Award, Aeronautical Society of India, 2009
- DB Research Excellence Award, presented at the Aeronautics Research & Development Board Silver Jubilee Celebration, NAL Bangalore, May, 1996
Dean, Alumni and Corporate Relations (ACR),
Professor, Civil Engineering,
- B. Tech., Civil Engineering, IIT Bombay, 1986
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 1987
- Ph. D., Civil Engineering, Northwestern University, 1991
- Dynamics behaviour of structures and equipment
- Development and design of energy absorbing and base-isolating devices
- Earthquake resistant design and vulnerability evaluation of structures and facilities
- Service life assessment and rehabilitation of structures
- Vibration control of structures and equipment
- Earthquake disaster mitigation and management
- Experimental techniques in structural dynamics
- Member, Civil Engineering Safety Committee, Atomic Energy Regulatory Board
- Member of Expert Committee, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Member, Earthquake Engineering Sectional Committee, Bureau of Indian Standards
- Member, Special Structures Sectional Committee, Bureau of Indian Standards
- Member, Expert Committee on Mass Housing, Government of Maharashtra
- Member, Gujarat Anjar Area Development Authority, Government of Gujarat
- Member, Core Group on Earthquake Disasters, National Disaster Management Authority